Staff HR Policies
Jacksons 4×4 have company policies in place which are designed to protect both the employee and employer. These policies outline guidelines of our processes, expectations and your rights as an employee. As part of working at Jacksons 4×4, it is your responsibility to make sure you have read all of our policies, understand them, stay up to date with them and abide by them at all times.
You can read these policies below.
HR1 - Code of Conduct Policy
This policy affirms Jacksons 4×4’s belief in responsible social and ethical behaviour from all employees. This policy clarifies the standards of behaviour that Jacksons 4×4 expects of all employees.
Our employees contribute to the success of our organisation and that of our clients. Jacksons 4×4 fully endorse that all employees are not deprived of their basic human rights.
Furthermore, our employees have an obligation to the Business, our clients and themselves to observe high standards of integrity and fair dealing. Unlawful and unethical business practices undermine employee and Client trust.
Our Code of Conduct policy applies to all employees and provides the framework of principles for conducting business, dealing with other employees, Clients and suppliers. The Code of Conduct does not replace legislation and if any part of it is in conflict, then legislation takes precedence. This policy is based on the following:
- Act and maintain a high standard of integrity and professionalism
- Be responsible and scrupulous in the proper use of Company information, funds, equipment and facilities
- Be considerate and respectful of the workplace environment and others
- Exercise fairness, equality, courtesy, consideration and sensitivity in dealing with other employees, clients and suppliers
- Avoid apparent conflict of interests, promptly disclosing to a Jacksons 4×4 senior manager, any interest which may constitute a conflict of interest
- Promote the interests of Jacksons 4×4
- Perform duties with skill, honesty, care and diligence Abide by policies, procedures and lawful directions that relate to your employment with Jacksons 4×4 and/or our clients
- Avoid the perception that any business transaction may be influenced by offering or accepting gifts
- Under no circumstances may employees offer or accept money
- Any employee, who in good faith, raises a complaint or discloses an alleged breach of the Code, whilst following correct reporting procedures, will not be disadvantaged or prejudiced. All reports will be dealt with in a timely and confidential manner.
Jacksons 4×4 expects cooperation from all employees in conducting themselves in a professional, ethical and socially acceptable manner of the highest standards.
Any employee in breach of this policy may be subject to disciplinary action, including termination.Should an employee have doubts about any aspect of the Code of Conduct, they must seek clarification from the appropriate manager.
This policy will be regularly reviewed by Jacksons 4×4 and any necessary changes will be implemented.
HR2 – Drugs and Smoking Policy
Jacksons 4×4 has a non-smoking policy. Smoking is not permitted on Jacksons 4×4 property, in company vehicles or customers vehicles at any time.
Smokers who need to take breaks should do so in their allotted breaks. These breaks must not be taken at the entrance to Jacksons 4×4 or in the direct view of customers. Excessive smoking breaks will be regarded as absenteeism and performance improvement action may be taken
Alcohol and drugs policy
Jacksons 4×4 is concerned by factors affecting an employee’s ability to safely and effectively do their work to a satisfactory standard. The business recognises alcohol or other drug abuse can impair short-term or long-term work performance and is an occupational health and safety risk.
Jacksons 4×4 will do its utmost to create and maintain a safe, healthy and productive workplace for all employees. Jacksons 4×4 has a zero-tolerance policy in regards to the use of illicit drugs on their premises or the attending of other business related premises while under the influence of illicit drugs. Contravening either of these points may lead to instant dismissal.
Jacksons 4×4 does not tolerate attending work under the influence of alcohol. This may result in performance improvement action or dismissal. Jacksons 4×4, at times, may make alcohol available to staff over the age of 18. Limiting the consumption of any alcohol made available is the sole responsibility of the employee. Driving over the legal limit or under the influence of illicit drugs is illegal.
HR3 - Workwear Policy
Jacksons 4×4’s objective in establishing a safe and comfortable environment includes setting standards for workplace dress code. This is to enable all people to project a professional image that is in keeping with the needs of our clients and customers to trust us. As our industry requires the appearance of trusted professionals, a standard dress code is necessary for everyone. Jacksons 4×4 has a uniform that will be provided to everyone and must be worn.
All office employees will be provided with shirts and a jumper which must be worn during work hours. Bottoms may include jeans or black pants and must be supplied by the employee. Hats or beanies may be purchased from the business at cost price, no other brand of hat or beanie is permitted.
Warehouse & Workshop Employees
Employees will be provided with shirts and a jumper which must be worn during work hours. All warehouse / workshop staff are required to wear black shorts or pants and must be supplied by the employee. No other bottoms are permitted. Hats or beanies may be purchased from the business at cost price, no other brand of hat or beanie is permitted. Steel capped boots are to be worn and provided by employees. This is a safety requirement.
Employees should not wear ripped clothing of any sort. Clothing such as track suits, visible undershirts, non-company jumpers and hats are prohibited. Thongs or open toed shoes are prohibited.
Supply and Purchasing
Employees will be supplied with uniform when they commence employment. Uniforms may need to be ordered in, therefore, employees will dress as per instruction from management until an official uniform is distributed. Employees may purchase additional uniforms at cost price. New uniforms will be issued to staff when required at management’s discretion. When an employee leaves the company, they are required to give all issued uniforms back.
All clothing worn, including uniform, should be clean and neatly presented at all times.
In the event that any employee arrives for work in a way that is not in line with this policy, they will be given the opportunity to address the issues immediately. Any deliberate breaches of this policy could result in disciplinary action being taken against the employee.
Employee’s safety is a key concern of Jacksons 4×4 and we maintain a constant commitment to safety improvements. Jacksons 4×4 will provide personal protection including hearing protection, eye protection, hand protection. It is the employee’s responsibility to ensure they are using this safety equipment and if a task is unable to be completed safely, they will not attempt the task. Specialist safety equipment is to be provided by the employee or negotiated with their appropriate manager.
HR4 – Leave Application Procedure
Below is the process for booking annual leave. Please ensure all steps are followed:
- Speak to your appropriate manager regarding proposed dates. A verbal conversation will be had to discuss the potential of having the requested dates off. You will also be given a leave form to fill out. This does not mean the leave will be approved.
- If leave is approved, your appropriate manager will book the dates into the Scheduler and request Admin to update the calendar.
- Approved form will be scanned into the PC and saved in: S:\MANAGMENT\Leave forms\Completed forms under the respective employee’s folder.
- Form is signed by your appropriate manager approving the leave.
- Once the above steps are complete, the completed form is handed back to the employee. It is not until the completed & signed form has been handed back to the employee that the leave is approved.
The employee is to retain the hard copy of the completed & signed form as proof the leave has been approved. Your appropriate manager will keep an electronic copy on the shared file.
Please wait until the completed & signed form has been returned to you before planning your leave. Leave is only approved when the completed & signed form is returned to yourself by your appropriate manager.
HR5 - Intellectual Property and Security
All intellectual property developed by employees during their employment with Jacksons 4×4, including discoveries or inventions made in the performance of their duties related in any way to the business of Jacksons 4×4, will remain the property of Jacksons 4×4.
Employees may be given access to confidential information, data, business property, keys to premises or any other business related property/information in the performance of their duties. This must be protected and used only in the interests of Jacksons 4×4.
Employees must not:
- disclose or use any part of any confidential information outside of the performance of their duties and in the interests of Jacksons 4×4; or
- authorise or be involved in the improper use/disclosure of confidential information; or
- during or after their employment without the Employer’s written consent, other than as required by law.
‘Confidential information’ includes any information in any form relating to Jacksons 4×4 and related bodies, clients or businesses, which is not in the public domain.
Employees must act in good faith towards Jacksons 4×4 and must prevent (or if impractical, report) the unauthorised disclosure of any confidential information. Failure to comply with this policy may result in performance improvement proceedings including dismissal, and Jacksons 4×4 may also pursue monetary damages or other remedies.
HR6 – Social Media Policy
Jacksons 4×4 acknowledges its employees, contractors and sub-contractors have the right to contribute content to public communications on websites, blogs and business or social networking sites not operated by Jacksons 4×4. However, inappropriate behaviour on such sites has the potential to cause damage to Jacksons 4×4, as well as its employees, clients, business partners and/or suppliers.
For this reason, all employees, contractors and sub-contractors of Jacksons 4×4 must agree to not publish any material, in any form, which identifies themselves as being associated with Jacksons 4×4 or its clients, business partners or suppliers.
All employees, contractors and sub-contractors of Jacksons 4×4 must also refrain from posting, sending, forwarding or using, in any way, any inappropriate material including but not limited to material which:
- is intended to (or could possibly) cause insult, offence, intimidation or humiliation to Jacksons 4×4 or its clients, business partners or suppliers; and/or
- is defamatory or could adversely affect the image, reputation, viability or profitability of Jacksons 4×4, or its clients, business partners or suppliers; and/or
- contains any form of Confidential Information relating to Jacksons 4×4, or its clients, business partners or suppliers.
All employees, contractors and sub-contractors of Jacksons 4×4 must comply with this policy. Any breach of this policy will be treated as a serious matter and may result in disciplinary action including termination of employment or (for contractors and sub-contractors) the termination or non-renewal of contractual arrangements.
Other disciplinary action that may be taken includes, but is not limited to, issuing a formal warning, directing people to attend mandatory training, suspension from the workplace and/or permanently or temporarily denying access to all or part of Jacksons 4×4’s computer network.
For the purposes of this policy, the following definitions apply:
Social Media includes all internet-based publishing technologies. Most forms of Social Media are interactive, allowing authors, readers and publishers to connect and interact with one another. The published material can often be accessed by anyone. Forms of Social Media include, but are not limited to, social or business networking sites (e.g. Facebook, LinkedIn), video and/or photo sharing websites (e.g. YouTube, Instagram, TikTok), business/corporate and personal blogs, micro-blogs (e.g. Twitter), chat rooms and forums.
HR7 - Health and Safety Policy
Jacksons 4×4 will, as far as practicable, provide a safe work environment for the health, safety and welfare of our employees, contractors, visitors and members of the public who may be affected by our work.
To do this, Jacksons 4×4 will:
- develop and maintain safe systems of work, and a safe working environment
- consult with employees on safety
- provide protective equipment
- provide information and training for employees
- remove unacceptable risks to safety
- provide employees and contractors with adequate facilities (such as clean toilets, cool and clean drinking water, and hygienic eating areas)
Ultimately, everyone at the workplace is responsible for ensuring health and safety at that workplace.
All persons responsible for the work activities of other employees are accountable for:
- identifying practices and conditions that could injure employees, clients, members of the public or the environment
controlling such situations or removing risks to safety. If unable to control such practices and conditions, report these to their manager
- making sure PPE is maintained and working properly
Jacksons 4×4 demands a positive, proactive attitude and performance with respect to protecting health, safety and the environment by all employees, irrespective of their position.
Manual handling policy
It is Jacksons 4×4’s policy to provide all employees with a safe and healthy workplace by identifying, assessing and controlling manual handling risks.
While management is responsible for the health, safety and welfare of all staff, all employees must report potential and actual manual handling hazards.
Never lift or manually handle items larger or heavier than you can easily support. If you are in any doubt, do not hesitate to ask for help.
HR8 - Attendance and Absenteeism Policy
Unscheduled leave Policy
Jacksons 4X4 Accessories is committed to a consistent approach regarding an employee’s attendance and absenteeism from work.
Attendance at work to perform the requirements of the appointed position is essential to the efficient operation and productivity of Jacksons 4X4 Accessories
In the event of illness or family emergency, employees are required to notify Jacksons 4×4 Accessories prior to 7:30 am. Employees must submit necessary documentation, such as medical certificates/reports or statutory declarations.
During a prolonged absence, employees are required to contact Jacksons 4×4 Accessories and must submit necessary documentation, such as medical certificates/reports or statutory declarations, on a regular basis to keep them informed of the particulars of the situation and of the expected date of their return to work.
Repeated late attendance or absence from work without valid reason or the required notification being given by the employee, may result in disciplinary action being taken including dismissal.
Scheduled leave Policy
A minimum of 2 weeks’ notice is required and approval is by mutual agreement between employer & employee. Annual leave must be requested with an annual leave form in alliance with our Leave application process (HR4) and is only approved when the form is completed & returned. Annual leave requests may be approved or declined based on work load, staff levels and other employees leave.
HR9 – Media use Policy
Use of Media
Jacksons 4×4 produce and publish media content for a wide range of uses including presentations, publications, promotional use, website use, informative use and more. As part of working at Jacksons 4×4 you may be in this content. Jacksons 4×4 hold copyright and other intellectual property rights for all media produced.
Your personal information is protected by law. Your personal information will never be provided to other parties without your express consent.
I understand that
- once any of the media referred to above have been published, Jacksons 4×4 has no control over subsequent use and disclosure of the media;
- Jacksons 4×4 does not guarantee that the created media will be used;
- I relinquish any and all rights to the media;
- I will receive no payment from Jacksons 4×4 for the use of my media
For the purposes of this policy, the following definitions apply:
‘Media’ includes any digital content created by Jacksons 4×4 in the form of Photos, Videos and audio recordings.
HR10 – Involvement & Team Culture Policy
Jacksons 4×4 strive to create and maintain an inclusive team environment for all employees. We place a high value on our team culture and our employee’s relationships both with other employees and the business itself. To be able to do this we organise additional activities / events to help build our team environment both in and out of work hours.
This can include but is not limited to things such as:
- Outside of business hours events such as go-carting, paintball, movies, dinners
- Christmas staff dinner
- Participating in a Secret Santa
- Camping trips
In most cases the entire cost of these events will be covered by the business however employees will not be compensated for travel expenses or their time unless the event is during their usual work hours in which case normal employment conditions apply. If you are unsure on a specific event and what costs will / won’t be covered by Jacksons 4×4 please speak to your appropriate manager for clarification.
These activities are a unique opportunity for staff, not often offered by other business due to the significant cost incurred by the business. We are happy to take this cost on as we see value in our employees feeling part of a united team.
As part of being employed at Jacksons 4×4 it is expected that staff members participate in at least some of these activities to help develop our team’s culture. Jacksons 4×4 understand that individuals can potentially have other commitments that mean they will not be able to attend some activities. We ask that if this is the case employees notify us of these commitments.
Missing some events due to other commitments is acceptable however if events are continually missed for no apparent reason, we will take note of this. Whilst missing activities may seem to only affect yourself, it actually impacts the whole team environment if you continually exclude yourself from these activities.
Internal procedures policy
Jacksons 4×4 have a range of internal procedures designed to make everyone’s day to day work more beneficial, productive and efficient. At times these procedures can seem counterproductive or unnecessary however they have been carefully created for a specific purpose and we ask you to respect this.
Depending on your area of employment within the business these procedures can include:
- Filling out timebooks
- Filling out timesheets
- Filling out forms correctly
- Attending weekly meetings
- Setting weekly goals
We ask that employees abide by these procedures and make sure they follow them correctly. Employees will be given opportunities to correct their mistakes if they fail to follow these procedures however if these issues continue, we may need to take action to correct the issues.
If you have any issues or suggestions with a specific procedure, please notify your appropriate manager so that we can resolve / clarify it.
HR11 - Performance Management Policy
The purpose of performance management is to improve performance. It is an ongoing process. It should include informal and formal review. We encourage a two-way process, that is, employees can also give management feedback on performance.
All employees will undergo a formal performance review with their immediate managers at least once a year.
- The manager and the employee agree on the date for a performance appraisal meeting to allow time to prepare.
- The manager and employee will meet and openly and constructively discuss performance over the period.
- The manager and the employee will agree to any objectives and outcomes for the next appraisal period.
- Training and development will be considered as part of the process.
- Notes should be taken of the meeting and copies kept.
- Outside of this formal process, employees are encouraged to raise any issues they have when they arise.